Why it is not about these rocking chairs?!
I had been on the lookout for rocking chairs for our downsized home’s small front porch for quite awhile. There was a 42” wide glider on the porch that came with us from Wichita, Ks which looked good, but definitely was not comfortable! Thus, we never really took advantage of our cool, shaded, and beautiful mornings living in NE Ohio with a west exposure property.
One day, I surprisingly received a text from hubby Bob from Walmart. He was there buying a replacement patio umbrella. So getting a text with pictures of rocking chairs from an engineer non-shopper hubby was actually shocking! But the best part is that they were spot on the perfect chairs for our small front porch.
So the answer to the question can 2 chairs change life? Yes! And here’s why these rocking chairs actually changed our life for the better plus further enhancing our new relocation’s enjoyment.
- We never used our front porch. After rocking chairs were purchased, we realized the many opportunities we missed connecting with our neighbors who were out to get their mail or taking walks. Even short good morning greetings gave us a sense of knowing our neighbors and they in turn got to know the “new kids” on the block as well.
- Porch rocking outside gave us the gift of the peaceful moments to reset, reflect, and or restore ourselves. How we will miss these moments when old man winter arrives.
- Rocking outside also prevents the mind pollution
of negative news from our devices or TV. How detrimental to our overall mindful peace to be bombarded first thing in the morning with the news. I call it mental noise clutter.
- A favorite Southern expression, “come and sit a spell” is not a dead long gone idea when one establishes an outdoor respite. What a gift this has been to establish new relationships and even talk more with my hubby.
- Rocking outside allows time to daydream or ponder life with absolutely no agenda. This alone is a gift worth exponential returns on combating all of life’s stresses.
Now I ask all of you dear followers, are you creating spaces in your homes to experience life? There have been a plethora of posts written on sanctuary spaces along with the benefits of creating outdoor spaces.
However knowledge, unless actually applied to take the time to benefit from these designated spaces well really, these sadly, these spaces are simply useless to our overall well being.
Another question for you all. Do you realize that the millennials and the 50+ ers actually have a common life goal? Doing research for one of my continuing education courses, ( CEUs), Marketing and Designing to Millennials thru Boomers, I discovered a surprising commonality between these two demographics.
My platform of Lifesizing® is based on 3 pillars; Healthy Homes, Healthy Lifestyles, and Healthy Attitudes. Therefore, since I firmly believe all 3 of these pillars are essential for our wellness futures, stress filled lives must be addressed.
Stress is not our friend! In today’s current status of the virus, unrest, and political turmoil, it is even more imperative we unplug from our devices & TV and just chill out.
Personally, rocking on our porch to “sit a spell” is my perfect antidote to cope with today’s current and constant bombardment of negative news. Therefore I am ending this post with my heartfelt message for you all to consider finding your own personal outside space.
Because, it really does matter.
Loving and Living Life Together,
P.S. I would love to hear your feedback on my brand new website @ www.mitzibeach.com
Plus, on signing up, you will receive my first monthly newsletter with products I love, my original healthy recipe, and much more.